The Need Is Great
In Sub-Saharan Africa alone:
- 750,000 children die each year from water-borne illnesses
- 30,000 deaths occur each week from disease caused by unsafe water.
- Diseases from unsafe water and lack of sanitation continues to kill more people every year than all forms of violence, including war.
- 8 out of 10 schools do not have a clean water source, forcing millions to miss school in search of clean water.
- Every day, women and young girls carry more than 40 pounds of dirty water from sources over 4 miles away from their homes.
Together We Can Change Lives!
Uganda is experiencing the worst drought in decades. Right now, thousands of are dying from thirst. Children without access to clean water are dying from preventable diseases every single day.
For years, we have been bringing HOPE by providing water filters to families in the desolated villages of Uganda. But, for many, there is no accessible or suitable water source so the water filters do them little good.
Last year, we dug our first well in a remote village where there is no access to clean water. The whole village showed up to thank us and dedicated the well with laughter and singing.
We want to do that again for another village. But, we need your help. We have begun the process of selecting another village in desperate need of water and that project is nearly funded.
With your help, we can truly make a world of difference for thousands of people in Uganda. Simply click the blue GIVE NOW button below and select the amount of your tax-deductible donation and become part of this amazing project.